My imagination sees God gathering his angels around him and saying, "Look guys, Charmaine is getting older and more forgetful, so we are going to have to step up our surveillance in order to undo some of the goofball things she does!"
Yesterday I picked up some repaired earrings from the jeweler. I put them in a ziploc bag and put that into the little fabric bag which carries my mail, lunch, glasses, etc to work and back. This way they wouldn't get lost in the car or at the bottom of my purse, and I'd carry them into the house at the end of the day. The thinking was that I'd see them when I emptied my bag and then I'd put them safely into my jewellery box. But apparently I had supper plans, laundry and payroll on my mind when I got home, and not earrings.
This morning, in the process of getting ready for my day, I remembered my earrings. I figured they would go well with the outfit I'd chosen, but they weren't with my other jewellery. So where did I put them when I got home? I did a quick check of the surfaces in my kitchen and office. Nope.
Did I absentmindedly toss out the baggie thinking it was my sandwich bag from lunch? Not relishing the idea, I knew I had to check the garbage. I retrieved the kitchen trash bag that I had just taken out to the garage and dug through it. (yucky) No earrings that I could see, but I didn't want to miss them, so I proceeded to transfer garbage, piece by piece, to a new bag until I was confident that the earrings were not in there. (double yucky)
Then I searched the car, my desk and jewellery box a second time, and all stops in between. Convinced they had to be here somewhere, I was determined to find them before heading to town. Whispering a prayer for help, I checked through my office garbage can. I spied the corner of a ziploc amongst the receipts and papers I had cleaned out of my car when I got home. Dare I hope? Yes! I had found my earrings!!
Phew! That would have been an expensive mistake. They were my present from hubby this past Christmas.
I'm so thankful!
- Thankful that I was prompted to wear them this morning and not days or weeks from now when my previous day's activities wouldn't have been so clear in my mind;
- Thankful that this wasn't a morning I had to rush out of the door to get to work on time;
- Thankful that I also found the receipt, warranty and lock instructions for our new luggage when I dug through the office trash. I was supposed to put those on my desk last night, not in the garbage!
Luke 15: 8-10 "Or what woman, if she has ten silver coins and loses one coin, does not light a lamp and sweep the house and search carefully until she finds it? When she has found it, she calls together her friends and neighbors, saying, ‘Rejoice with me, for I have found the coin which I had lost!’ In the same way, I tell you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents.”

No comments:
Post a Comment